[openstack-dev] An idea: For an IPv6-only Tenant subnet: a Floating IP with NAT46 sounds needed...

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 01:28:39 UTC 2014

Hello Stackers!

I have an idea:

In a IPv6-Only Tenant subnet, we can offer a solution to make its IPv6
network, reachable from the old Internet infrastructure (IPv4), how?

1- Floating IP (v4) based on NAT46.

That way, the attached Floating IP (when with NAT46), it will be a real
IPv4 address at the Namespace Router, and then, Linux (or a dual-stacked
reverse proxy? Load Balancer (aaS) with NAT46?) will do the NAT46 to make
an IPv6-only Instance, reachable from the IPv4-only-Internet.

Let me know what do you guys think about it!

Can't wait to try IceHouse with IPv6!     :-D

Happy New Year!

Best,
Thiago