[openstack-dev] [openstack][keystone] Is the user password too simple?

li-zheming li-zheming at 163.com
Thu Jan 2 02:39:46 UTC 2014

 在2013年12月31 03时15分,"Brant Knudson"<blk at acm.org>写道:

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM, li-zheming <li-zheming at 163.com> wrote:

hi all:
      when create user, you can set user password. You can set password as a simple word 'a'. the
password is too simple but not limit. if someone want to steal your password, it is so easily(such as exhaustion).
I consider that it must be limited when set password, like this:
      1. inlcude uppper and lower letters
      2. include nums
      3. include particular symbol,such as  '_','&'
      4. the length>8
administor can set the password rule.

I want to  provide a BP about  this issue. can you give me some advice or ideas??
thanks!
                                                                                                                    lizheming

I'd prefer it if we didn't reinvent this wheel ourselves. If customers need to enforce password strength, expiration, history, user lockout, etc, then they should store users in an LDAP directory that supports these things and configure Keystone to use that.

- Brant

 hi brant:
      I am sorry, I may be not understand how "store users in an LDAP directory that supports these things and configure Keystone to use that". Is there some configure in keystone?