[openstack-dev] [Heat]Heat use as a standalone component for Cloud Managment over multi IAAS

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Feb 28 15:14:22 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Alexander Tivelkov's message of 2014-02-28 03:52:52 -0800:
> Hi Charles,
>
> If you are looking for the analogues of Juju in OpenStack, you probably may
> take a look at Murano Project [1]. It is an application catalog backed with
> a powerful workflow execution engine, which is built on top of Heat's
> orchestration, but run's at a higher level. It has borrowed lots of idea
> from Juju (or, more precisely, both took a lot from Amazon's OpsWorks
> ideas).
> Also, if you are looking to orchestrate on top of non-openstack clouds

FYI, Juju existed long before OpsWorks.

http://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2013/02/18/announcing-aws-opsworks/

Even my last commit to Juju (the python version..) happened well before
OpsWorks existed:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~juju/juju/trunk/revision/599

Anyway, Heat is intended to be able to manage things at a high level
too, just with more of the guts exposed for tinkering. :)