[openstack-dev] [Heat]Heat use as a standalone component for Cloud Managment over multi IAAS

Alexander Tivelkov ativelkov at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 28 11:56:15 UTC 2014

Hi Charles,

If you are looking for the analogues of Juju in OpenStack, you probably may
take a look at Murano Project [1]. It is an application catalog backed with
a powerful workflow execution engine, which is built on top of Heat's
orchestration, but run's at a higher level. It has borrowed lots of idea
from Juju (or, more precisely, both took a lot from Amazon's OpsWorks
ideas).
Also, if you are looking to orchestrate on top of non-openstack clouds,
then Murano's DSL may also be an answer: Murano's workflows may be designed
to trigger any external APIs, not necessary OpenStack-only, so the
technical possibility to orchestrate AWS and GCE exists in Murano's design,
yet not present in the current roadmap.

Please feel free to ask for more details either in [Murano] ML or at
#murano channel at Freenode.

Thanks

[1] -
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano