[openstack-dev] [all][keystone] Increase of USER_ID length maximum from 64 to 255

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 13:15:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Marco Fargetta
<Marco.Fargetta at ct.infn.it>wrote:

> Hi Morgan,
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:47:43AM -0800, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> > For purposes of supporting multiple backends for Identity (multiple
> LDAP, mix
> > of LDAP and SQL, federation, etc) Keystone is planning to increase the
> maximum
> > size of the USER_ID field from an upper limit of 64 to an upper limit of
> 255.
> > This change would not impact any currently assigned USER_IDs (they would
> remain
> > in the old simple UUID format), however, new USER_IDs would be increased
> > include the IDP identifier (e.g. USER_ID@@IDP_IDENTIFIER).
> >

> in this case if a user would access with different systems (e.g. SAML with
> portal, LDAP with CLI) it is mapped to two different identities inside
> keystone.
> Is this correct? If so, is there any way to map an individual person with
> two

identities sharing resources?

That's correct - they'd result in different identities and keystone has no
means of presuming they are the same "person." But I think you answered it
yourself, in that they would effectively be sharing resources with
themselves, so you'd just have to ensure they had the same authorization on
the same projects using both identities.