[openstack-dev] Update on new project creation

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Feb 25 20:34:21 UTC 2014

Hey all!

You may or may not have noticed that there's been a backlog with new
project creation in infra. There are some specific issues with our
automation that are causing this, and we've got a plan in place to fix
them. Until we do, which is targeted to be done by the end of March,
we're expecting there to continue to be delays in project creation.

To help mitigate the pain around that, we've decided two new things:

** Topic name: new-project **

First of all, if you are submitting a change to create a new project,
we're going to require that you set the topic name to new-project. This
will allow us to easily batch-review and process the requests.

** New Project Fridays **

We're going to have to manually run some scripts for new projects now
until the automation is fixed. To keep the crazy down, we will be having
New Project Fridays. Which means we'll get down and dirty with approving
and running the scripts for new projects on Fridays.

Sorry for the inconvenience. There are a bunch of moving pieces to
adding a new project, and we've kinda hit the limit of the current
automation, but hope to have it all fixed up soon.

Thanks!
Monty