[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Nova]Do you think volume force delete operation should not apply to the volume being used?

zhangyu (AI) zhangyu11 at huawei.com
Wed Feb 26 02:12:31 UTC 2014

IMHO, Attach/detach operations can only be issued from the Nova side because they are in fact VM/instance management operations.
Meanwhile, volume create/delete are volume management stuffs, therefore Cinder exposes API for them.

Also, according to current Cinder code base, no nova detach-volume action is issued from the execution flow of a volume deletion.

Thank you for suggestions~