[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Nova]Do you think volume force delete operation should not apply to the volume being used?

Jay S Bryant jsbryant at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 26 03:07:55 UTC 2014

I would agree.  I don't think that Cinder should/could be able to act upon
Nova's state for the VM.  Force-delete is really in place as a backup to
clean-up after certain failures in Cinder.  Other mechanisms are in place
to handle issues in Nova.

Jay S. Bryant
       IBM Cinder Subject Matter Expert  &  Cinder Core Member
Department 7YLA, Building 015-2, Office E125, Rochester, MN
Telephone: (507) 253-4270, FAX (507) 253-6410
TIE Line: 553-4270
E-Mail:  jsbryant at us.ibm.com
 All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
                   -- Sean O'Casey