[openstack-dev] [Nova] blueprint: Nova with py33 compatibility

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 21:10:26 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 09:43 AM, 郭小熙 wrote:
> We will move to Python33 in the future. More and more OpenStack projects
> including python-novaclient are Python33 compatible. Do we have plan to
> make Nova python33 compatible ?
>
> As I know, oslo.messaging will not support python33 in Icehouse,this is
> just one dependency for Nova, that means we can't finish it in Icehouse
> for Nova. I registered one blueprint [1]to make us move to Python33
> smoothly in the future. Python33 compatibility would be taken into
> account while reviewing code.
>
> We have to add py33 check/gate jobs to check Py33 compatibility. This
> blueprint could be marked as implemented only until Nova code can pass
> these jobs.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-py3kcompat

Python 3 support is certainly a goal that *all* OpenStack projects
should be aiming for.  However, for Nova, I don't think Nova's code is
actually our biggest hurdle.  The hardest parts are dependencies that we
have that don't support Python 3.  A big example is eventlet.  We're so
far off that I don't even think a CI job is useful yet.

--
Russell Bryant