[openstack-dev] [Nova] blueprint: Nova with py33 compatibility

郭小熙 glongwave at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:43:45 UTC 2014

We will move to Python33 in the future. More and more OpenStack projects
including python-novaclient are Python33 compatible. Do we have plan to
make Nova python33 compatible ?

As I know, oslo.messaging will not support python33 in Icehouse,this is
just one dependency for Nova, that means we can't finish it in Icehouse for
Nova. I registered one blueprint [1]to make us move to Python33 smoothly in
the future. Python33 compatibility would be taken into account while
reviewing code.

We have to add py33 check/gate jobs to check Py33 compatibility. This
blueprint could be marked as implemented only until Nova code can pass
these jobs.
[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-py3kcompat

--
ChangBo Guo(gcb)