[openstack-dev] tox in Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) or earlier?

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 04:59:26 UTC 2014

I just installed DevStack into raring, and that appeared to work.  So I
went on to try `tox` in /opt/stack/nova.  My invocation of tox created a
virtual environment using /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/virtualenv.py.
In raring the latest virtualenv is version 1.9.1, which installs pip
version 1.3.1 into the virtual environments it creates.  Nova's
requirements include hacking, which requires pip >= 1.4.  So I crashed and
burned with a version conflict on pip.  Why isn't everybody having this
problem?

Thanks,
Mike