[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Nova][VCDriver] VMWare VCDriver problems

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 02:00:16 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I was now doing some integration with VMWare VCDriver and have some
questions during the integration work.

1) In Hong Kong Summit, it was mentioned that ESXDriver will be dropped, so
do we have any plan when to drop this driver?
2) There are many good features in VMWare was not supportted by VCDriver,
such as live migration, cold migration and resize within one vSphere
cluster, also we cannot get individual ESX Server details via VCDriver.

Do we have some planning to make those features worked?

Jay