[openstack-dev] [glance][nova]improvement-of-accessing-to-glance

Zhi Yan Liu lzy.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:35:52 UTC 2014

I have a related BP:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/image-location-selection-strategy

IMO, as I mentioned in its description, it can be applied in glance
and consumer (glance's client) both sides: in glance internal, this
can be used for "image-download" handling and "direct_url_ selection
logic; For consumer side, like Nova, it can be used to select
efficient image storage for particular compute node, actually it allow
customer/ISV implement their own strategy plugin.

And we have a near plan, as flaper87 mentioned above, I believe we
will separate glance store code *and*
image-location-selection-strategy stuff to an independent package
under glance project, at that time we can change Nova to leverage it,
and admin/operator can via selection-strategy related options to
configure Nova but Glance (agree to Jay on this point)

zhiyan