[openstack-dev] [all][gerrit] Showing all inline comments from all patch sets

Radoslav Gerganov rgerganov at vmware.com
Tue Dec 16 10:27:15 UTC 2014

I never liked how Gerrit is displaying inline comments and I find it
hard to follow discussions on changes with many patch sets and inline
comments.  So I tried to hack together an html view which display all
comments grouped by patch set, file and commented line.  You can see the
result at http://gerrit-mirror.appspot.com/<change-id>.  Some examples:

http://gerrit-mirror.appspot.com/127283
http://gerrit-mirror.appspot.com/128508
http://gerrit-mirror.appspot.com/83207

There is room for many improvements (my css skills are very limited) but
I am just curious if someone else finds the idea useful.  The frontend
is using the same APIs as the Gerrit UI and the backend running on
GoogleAppEngine is just proxying the requests to review.openstack.org.
So in theory if we serve the html page from our Gerrit it will work.
You can find all sources here:
https://github.com/rgerganov/gerrit-hacks.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Rado