[openstack-dev] [tc][rally][qa] Application for a new OpenStack Program: Performance and Scalability

Alex Freedland afreedland at mirantis.com
Sat Aug 2 02:31:21 UTC 2014

Angus,

Rally is designed as an operations tool. Its purpose is to run a production
cloud and give an operator tools and data to profile a production cloud. It
is intended as a first of many such tools.

There is a strong support in the community that operations tools should be
developed as part of OpenStack and Rally is the first such successful
community effort.

I can envision other tools building a community around them and they too
should become part of OpenStack operations tooling.  Maybe Operator Tools
program would be a better name?

Alex Freedland
Co-Founder
Mirantis, Inc.