[openstack-dev] [oslo] [messaging] Curious about retry/scheduled tasks

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Apr 24 21:07:36 UTC 2014

I'm unsure why oslo.messaging would have a concepts of tasks. I didn't think it did.

Other projects building on-top of oslo.messaging imho should have a concept of tasks, oslo.messaging should seem like it should provide a reliable messaging layer.

Wondering why u think this should be coupled with oslo.messaging?

Taskflow[1] in particular has some of these semantics and it will use oslo.messaging when oslo.messaging achieves py3 compat.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/

-Josh