[openstack-dev] [SWIFT] Delete operation problem

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:09:23 UTC 2014

409 on DELETE (object?) is a pretty specific error.  That should mean that
the timestamp assigned to the delete is earlier than the timestamp of the
data file.

Most likely mean that you're getting some time-drift on your proxies (but
that assumes multi-node) or maybe that you're reusing names between threads
and your object server's see PUT(ts1) PUT(ts3) DELETE(ts2) - but that'd be
a pretty tight race...

Should all be logged - try and find a DELETE that went 409 and trace the
transaction id.