[openstack-dev] [SWIFT] Delete operation problem

Sumit Gaur sumitkgaur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 23:20:04 UTC 2014

Hi clay,
Thanks for responding , first about setup , it is multi node env, and
problem is with delete object .

I checked proxy and storage nodes clock, they are in sync. Also storage
node run only main daemons I.e. no auditor, and others.

I traced the 409 call and it is coming from object server.
I am generating random id for key so no reuse of same name.  But after one
put(t1) next is del(t1).....is this could be a problem...I think they are
sync calls.

Regards
Sumit

On Apr 23, 2014 5:14 AM, "Clay Gerrard" <clay.gerrard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 409 on DELETE (object?) is a pretty specific error.  That should mean
that the timestamp assigned to the delete is earlier than the timestamp of
the data file.

> Most likely mean that you're getting some time-drift on your proxies (but
that assumes multi-node) or maybe that you're reusing names between threads
and your object server's see PUT(ts1) PUT(ts3) DELETE(ts2) - but that'd be
a pretty tight race...

> Should all be logged - try and find a DELETE that went 409 and trace the
transaction id.

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:54 AM, taurus huang <huanggeng.8552 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Please provide the log file: /var/log/swift/swift.log   AND
/var/log/keystone/keystone.log

>> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Sumit Gaur <sumitkgaur at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi
>>> I using jclouds lib integrated with Openstack Swift+ keystone
combination. Things are working fine except stability test. After 20-30
hours of test jclouds/SWIFT start degrading in TPS and keep going down over
the time.

>>> 1) I am running the (PUT-GET-DEL) cycle in 10 parallel threads.
>>> 2) I am getting a lot of 409 and DEL failure for the response too from
SWIFT.