[openstack-dev] [Tripleo][Neutron] Tripleo & Neutron

marios@redhat.com mandreou at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 09:06:29 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 18:05, Jan Provazník wrote:

>> - HA for DHCP-agent is provided out-of-box - we can just use
>> 'dhcp_agents_per_network' option
>> (https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-image-elements/blob/master/elements/neutron/os-apply-config/etc/neutron/neutron.conf#L59)
>>

>>  - for L3-agent there is a BP started, but the patches haven't been
>> merged yet  -
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-high-availability
>>

> Right, though a patch which adds A/A for L3 agent has already been sent:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64553/ so we might test how it works.
>
> There is a trello card for Neutron HA here:
> https://trello.com/c/DaIs1zxb/82-neutron-ha-redundant-environment

thanks for the pointers Jan!

> To add more questions:
> Would it be possible to use Neutron's LBaaS in TripleO (which is the
> long-term plan) and what are missing bits?

Good question - you told me you had heard of 'technical issues' with
baremetal... does anyone know if these still exist with Ironic? I guess
another point for investigation.

> And (maybe trivial) question:
> for present time (when we don't use Neutron's LBaaS), is there a simple
> way how to get virtual IPs from Neutron? We set up haproxy in overcloud
> controller nodes, but we need to allocate virtual IP pointing to haproxy.

I don't know, perhaps others can chime in here (enikanorov may be the
person to ask here - he is the lead for the lbaas subteam)

thanks, marios