[openstack-dev] [Tripleo][Neutron] Tripleo & Neutron

Jan Provazník jprovazn at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 15:05:24 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 03:49 PM, Roman Podoliaka wrote:

> - HA for DHCP-agent is provided out-of-box - we can just use
> 'dhcp_agents_per_network' option
> (https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-image-elements/blob/master/elements/neutron/os-apply-config/etc/neutron/neutron.conf#L59)
>
>  - for L3-agent there is a BP started, but the patches haven't been
> merged yet  -
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-high-availability

Right, though a patch which adds A/A for L3 agent has already been sent:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/64553/ so we might test how it works.

There is a trello card for Neutron HA here:
https://trello.com/c/DaIs1zxb/82-neutron-ha-redundant-environment

To add more questions:
Would it be possible to use Neutron's LBaaS in TripleO (which is the
long-term plan) and what are missing bits?

And (maybe trivial) question:
for present time (when we don't use Neutron's LBaaS), is there a simple
way how to get virtual IPs from Neutron? We set up haproxy in overcloud
controller nodes, but we need to allocate virtual IP pointing to haproxy.

Jan