[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [IPv6] Ubuntu PPA with IPv6 enabled, need help to achieve it

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Apr 5 06:36:12 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 02:33 AM, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Guys!
>
> I would like to do this:
>

> 1- Create and maintain a Ubuntu PPA Archive to host Neutron with IPv6
> patches (from Nephos6 / Shixiong?).
>

> Why?
>

> Well, I'm feeling that Neutron with native and complete IPv6 support
> will be only available in October (or maybe later, am I right?) but, I
> really need this (Neutron IPv6) ASAP, so, I'm volunteering myself to
> create / maintain this PPA for Neutron with IPv6, until it reaches mainline.
>
> To be able to achieve it, I just need to know which files do I need to
> patch (the diff), then repackage Neutron deb packages but, I'll need
> help here, because I don't know where are those "Neutron IPv6 patches"
> (links?)...
>
> Let me know if there are interest on this...
>
> Thanks!
> Thiago

Hi Martinx,

If you would like to take care of maintaining the IPv6 patch for the
life of Icehouse, then I'll happily use them in the Debian packages
(note: I also produce Ubuntu packages, and maintain 10 repository mirrors).

Also, if you would like to join the OpenStack packaging team in
alioth.debian.org, and contribute to it at least for this IPv6 support,
that'd be just great! I'm available if you need my help.

Could you please point to me to the list of needed patches? I would need
to keep them separated, in debian/patches, rather than pulling from a
different git repository.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)