[openstack-dev] Keystone PTL Candidacy

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:48:09 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone!

I'd like to keep my name in the hat as PTL for Keystone during the Juno
release cycle.

As I'm not looking to shake things up for Juno, I'm going to direct you to
my Icehouse PTL candidacy email [1], and promise that I will continue to
deliver on that philosophy in Juno.

Specifically, it's worth reiterating that my primary focus is in "...
supporting our outstanding community of contributors in any way that I can
so that they can be as productive as possible. Never mind the PTL,
Keystone's success would not be possible without the community behind it."

I actually view the client-side pieces to be the most important parts of
keystone (and keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token, in particular) due to
the more immediate impact on our stakeholders. In terms of Juno, I'm
especially looking forward to landing support for ephemeral, signed tokens
backed by revocation events on the client-side, along with increasing
adoption for keystoneclient.session (and therefore the v3 API) across
OpenStack.

To all of our contributors during Icehouse: THANK YOU!

-Dolph

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-September/015387.html