[openstack-dev] [keystone] PTL Candidacy

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:26:50 UTC 2013

Hello! I'd like to nominate myself once more as PTL for Keystone.

Since becoming PTL for Keystone last release, I've gained a new perspective
on the community which has changed my understanding of the PTL's role
rather dramatically from what I thought I was getting myself into (by which
I mean, I had no clue what to expect!).

I'm now hoping to apply what I've learned towards making Icehouse a
success. Namely, my involvement has shifted towards supporting our
outstanding community of contributors in any way that I can so that they
can be as productive as possible. Never mind the PTL, Keystone's success
would not be possible without the community behind it.

As I'm sure many of you know, my primary interests in the project center
first on stability and user experience, for developers, deployers and end
users alike. That means I care a lot about solid documentation,
self-consistent APIs, helpful error messages, intuitive code and logical
tests.

New features usually take a reduced priority with me, but I'm super
enthused by the community's growing interest in federation, and I'm
particularly looking forward to help solve a few of those use cases during
Icehouse.

Thank you for making Havana a success! I'll see you in Icehouse,

-Dolph