[openstack-dev] [metrics] New metrics navigator and data sources

Daniel Izquierdo dizquierdo at bitergia.com
Fri Sep 27 17:46:03 UTC 2013

Hi!

We've been working in a new look and feel for the metrics dash, and that
would be awesome if we get some feedback from you :). Please, take into
account that this is still work in progress... so there are a lot of
missing details.

The current version of the dash can be found at [1], while the new and
improved version can be found at [2].

With this step, we've tried to focus on the community side, having
numbers about participants in mailing lists, developers or tickets activity.

Then, in each of the data sources you'll find a summary (examples of git
at [3]) and a list of repositories and companies participating in the
development, discussions or tickets activity in each of the cases.

As you can see, Code review and IRC do not properly work (work in
progress) and we have added specific studies regarding the demographics
of the OpenStack community at [4]. (still not really understandable, but
they are basically typical pyramids of population).

Finally, some examples of specific pages (it takes a bit to load...
things to improve u_u):
- Nova activity (Source Code -> by repositories -> nova.git) [5]
- University of Melbourne members activity (Source Code -> by companies
-> University of Melbourne) [6]

In the following days I'll try to keep you informed about how to query
the database to get this datasets or directly to play with the JSON files.
In any case, please remember that you can easily create your own
evolutionary charts using the actionable dashboard [7] or directly
feeding your
favorite viz tool using the JSON files [8].

Cheers,
Daniel.

[1] http://activity.openstack.org/dash/browser/
[2] http://activity.openstack.org/dash/newbrowser/browser/