[openstack-dev] Is Project ID always a number?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:05:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Steve Martinelli <stevemar at ca.ibm.com>wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, the project ID should be a UUID.

In our current implementation, it happens to be a UUID4 expressed in hex:

  $ python -c "import uuid; print uuid.uuid4().hex"

I believe it was an auto-incrementing integer in diablo. There's nothing
blocking an alternative implementation from using something else. Generally
speaking, it should be URL-friendly as-is, be globally unique, and
somewhere less than 255 chars in length.