[openstack-dev] [requirements] Review request for adding ordereddict

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Thu Sep 19 21:08:42 UTC 2013

I respect the desires of packagers to have a stable environment, but I'm
also very sad about having to copy the OrderedDict code directly into
Glance. Can we actually verify that this is a problem for packagers? (I.e.
not already in their repos?)

It also may be possible that packagers who do not support python2.6 could
completely avoid this problem if we change how the code is written. Does it
seem possible to only depend on ordereddict if collections.ordereddict does
not exist?