[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Generalize config file settings

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Wed Sep 18 14:28:51 UTC 2013

I think it'd make more sense the other way round.

If localrc does not exist, and we've created a localrc.generated create localrc with just "source localrc.generated".  That way anyone using localrc directly will get the right information.
A quick grep suggests that all uses in devstack source the localrc, therefore that should work?

It'd be easy to add a comment in the localrc or in the docs for local.conf that say only stack.sh will update localrc.generated so if you want live changes in other scripts you have to modify localrc?

Bob