[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Generalize config file settings

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:04:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Bob Ball <bob.ball at citrix.com> wrote:

>  In which case, would a simple fix of adding a “localrc.generated” be
> sufficient?
>
> ** **
>
> Produce a localrc which simply imports localrc.generated and replace
> localrc.generated in all cases – still allowing users to override it if
> needed?

OK, how about this:

- always extract localrc section from local.conf into localrc.generated (if
it exists)
- append localrc (if it exists) to localrc.generated

This works for stack.sh, but localrc is used in a _lot_ of places, do we
re-generate each time?  We have to to keep the current semantics of localrc
edits being effective immediately.

I want to keep this as simple as possible...

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com