[openstack-dev] [Nova] Bug Triage Day Proposal - September 17

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 13:53:33 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Now that we're in a feature freeze for the Havana release, our focus
should be on bugs.  Our immediate goal is to come up with a list of bugs
that we want to ensure get fixed before havana is released.  Bugs that
should be on that list should be targeted to havana-rc1.

    https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/havana-rc1

The current list needs some cleanup.  We're also way behind on bug
triage.  We need to catch up on that to make sure we've caught anything
major that really needs to be fixed.  There are currently 106 New bugs.
 We need to get that down much closer to 0.

I propose that we have a bug triage day on Tuesday, September 17.  I
believe some other projects are doing the same thing that day.  The goal
will be to get through as many of the New bugs as possible and complete
a first cut on the RC1 bug list.  If time permits, we can work on some
of the other triage steps documented here:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage

For Nova bug triage, we use a set of official tags to help categorize
bugs and split up the triage workload.  For more information, see the
Nova bug triage page:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage

Comments welcome!

Russell Bryant