[openstack-dev] Doubt regarding Resource Tracker

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:29:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been trying to understand the working of resource tracker.
I understand that it is responsible to retrieve the data from the host and
save it to the database. What I am not able to figure out is how exactly
the compute node table is populated for the first time? Because after that
resource tracker compare the data and update the changes.
Again, does resource tracker work periodically? or is it triggered when
an instance is spawned or deleted?

Thanks.

~Peeyush Gupta