[openstack-dev] [Neutron] devstack with ml2 setup problem

Luke Gorrie luke at tail-f.com
Fri Sep 6 15:33:11 UTC 2013

Howdy!

I'm trying to get ml2 up and running with devstack. I'm falling at the
first hurdle - getting devstack working with Neutron. I would love a hint!

Here is my localrc:

disable_service n-net
enable_service q-svc
enable_service q-agt
enable_service q-dhcp
enable_service q-l3
enable_service q-meta
enable_service neutron
# Optional, to enable tempest configuration as part of devstack
#enable_service tempest

#Q_PLUGIN=ml2
#ENABLE_TENANT_VLANS=True
#ML2_VLAN_RANGES=mynetwork:100:200
#Q_ML2_PLUGIN_MECHANISM_DRIVERS=log,ncs

DATABASE_PASSWORD=admin
RABBIT_PASSWORD=admin
SERVICE_TOKEN=admin
SERVICE_PASSWORD=admin
ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin

but after firing up stack and logging into the GUI the system seems not
entirely healthy and I see messages like:

*Error: *Unauthorized: Unable to retrieve usage information.
*Error: *Unauthorized: Unable to retrieve limit information.
*Error: *Unauthorized: Unable to retrieve project list.

It had looked okay before I tried enabled Neutron.

This is with Ubuntu raring in vagrant/virtualbox with 2GB RAM.

Any tips appreciated!
-Luke