[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: utilization aware scheduling

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 6 09:28:34 UTC 2013

Wang, Shane wrote:
> Hi core developers and everyone,
>
> Please allow me to make an FFE request for adding utilization aware scheduling support in Havana.
>
> The blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/utilization-aware-scheduling.
> [...]

This is a bit in the same bucket as the hyper-v-rdp-console above...
It's a significant feature but it's not critical to the success of the
Havana integrated release (doesn't affect other projects), and it looks
like it still needs a significant review effort before it can be merged.

I tend to prefer to reject it early rather than grant a time-limited
exception that will distract core developers from bugfixing and have an
even harder call to make when this will be 99.9% done next week...

So unless a quick look by Nova core devs indicates that this could
actually be merged with some limited effort before next week's release
meeting (Tuesday 2100 UTC) than I would rather punt this to Icehouse.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)