[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: utilization aware scheduling

Wang, Shane shane.wang at intel.com
Fri Sep 6 01:51:45 UTC 2013

Hi core developers and everyone,

Please allow me to make an FFE request for adding utilization aware scheduling support in Havana.

The blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/utilization-aware-scheduling.
The patches are:
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35759/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35764/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35765/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35760/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35767/

The other one https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44007/ is optional (that can be skipped) because users can write their own monitors with the framework.
The above 5 patches are essential to make the feature work.

Since the patches were out at the beginning of July, they have been reviewed by some developers and revised.
Recently cores got some time to look at them and part of the patches got 2 +2 by cores (e.g. Brian, Joe, Daniel).
However, due to the commit dependency, they were not approved to merge but in the waiting list.

Could we please add a FFE for that? Would you please evaluate whether the patches are close to the merge quality or far away from that?
If they are far away, we will continue to work on them in Icehouse to improve them.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Anyway, thank you very much for giving any feedbacks or comments on them, no matter whether they can be regarded as an exception.

Thanks and Best Regards.
--
Shane Wang