[openstack-dev] [Nova] The existent ability of showing deleted flavors in Flavors v2 API

Tiago Mello tiago at timello.info
Wed Oct 30 12:06:00 UTC 2013

Hey there!

The current API for Flavors allows you to retrieve information about a
flavor even though it has been deleted. However it does not return any
information saying that flavor is deleted. This is a problem for nova
client flavor-delete today and possibly for other situations.

Nova client flavor-delete looks up for the flavor before deleting it. Since
the existent API returns the flavor despite of it's deleted that causes an
incorrect exception and that may lead users to a wrong interpretation of
the real problem.

It's not clear whether this is intentional in V2 or not (being able to show
deleted flavors). I would like to hear your thoughts about that.

It looks like we need a way to retrieve the information whether or not a
flavor is deleted.

This issue was being handled by the
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1246017 until this discussion came up.

Thank you in advance for any input!