[openstack-dev] [qa] Duplicated test effort development

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 12:30:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

It looks like we have lots of people writing tests at the moment which is
great, but the downside is we're starting to see people accidentally
writing tests for the same APIs at the same time.

There is a google spreadsheet which covers the Nova v2 API where we can
reserve what tests we're working on but I don't think we have an easily
editable list for the other APIs. I don't think blueprints/bugs work so
well at this, and I don't think we have anything else setup at the moment,
so as a temporary measure I've created an etherpad here:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TempestTestDevelopment

which links to the Nova v2 API spreadsheet and to a new etherpad for glance
apis (this would ideally be a spreadsheet as well but in the meantime would
work as a tool to avoid duplicated effort). Add new links if you're working
on new tests for other APIs.

I think it'd be a really good idea if we all checked these lists and add
what we're about to work on before starting to write new tests to avoid the
situation where we have almost identical changesets in the review queue
from different people.

Regards,

Chris