[openstack-dev] Cantrip for syncing all the OpenStack repos locally

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Oct 27 18:46:10 UTC 2013

Hey all!

We still don't have grokmirror running, which I'd like to do to help
local syncing of the bazillion git repos. (I frequently like to do that
before getting on a plane) However - turns out there is a simple
shell-script snippet you can run to get the job done well.

It assumes you have an ssh host setup called "review" which points to
review.openstack.org:29418. This will clone or update every repo in gerrit:

for repo in `ssh review gerrit ls-projects` ; do
    mkdir -p $(dirname $repo)
    if [ ! -d $repo ] ; then
        echo "Cloning $repo"
        git clone git://git.openstack.org/$repo $repo
        (cd $repo; git review -s)
    else
        echo "Updating $repo"
        (cd $repo; git remote update)