[openstack-dev] Cantrip for syncing all the OpenStack repos locally

Kieran Spear kispear at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 23:15:13 UTC 2013

On 28 October 2013 05:46, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> We still don't have grokmirror running, which I'd like to do to help
> local syncing of the bazillion git repos. (I frequently like to do that
> before getting on a plane) However - turns out there is a simple
> shell-script snippet you can run to get the job done well.
>
> It assumes you have an ssh host setup called "review" which points to
> review.openstack.org:29418. This will clone or update every repo in gerrit:
>
> for repo in `ssh review gerrit ls-projects` ; do
>     mkdir -p $(dirname $repo)
>     if [ ! -d $repo ] ; then
>         echo "Cloning $repo"
>         git clone git://git.openstack.org/$repo $repo
>         (cd $repo; git review -s)
>     else
>         echo "Updating $repo"
>         (cd $repo; git remote update)
>     fi
> done

mr looks useful for this type of thing. I haven't got into the habit
of using it yet though.

http://myrepos.branchable.com/

"If you run mr update inside a repository, it'll only act on that
repository. In general, any mr command runs recursively over any
repository located somewhere in or under the current directory."

Cheers,
Kieran