[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Adding client library related tests to tempest

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 14:28:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 08:14:03AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 05:19 AM, Steven Hardy wrote:
> <snip>
> >>
> >>Definitely agree we should have plenty of end-to-end tests in the
> >>gate, it's the reason we've got the scenario tests, to do exactly
> >>this kind of through testing.
> >
> >Ok, it seems like a potential solution which may keep all involved happy
> >would be:
> >- Add new API tests which provide full coverage of the documented
> >   interfaces to trusts
> >- Add a few scenario tests which provide end-to-end testing of the most
> >   important interfaces (these will use the client API)
> >
> >The scenario tests could just be those in my patches, moved from client_lib
> >to scenario/identity?
>
> If there is a rush on a short term landing of code, making it a
> scenario test is a fine approach. And API tests for trust would be
> *highly* appreciated.

Ok, if we can land API tests then I guess the scenario/client tests can
wait until after the summit discussions (ayoung has indicated he's OK with
that plan in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51558/)

I've raised this BP to track adding the API tests, I'll work on getting
those together:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/keystone-trust-api

Thanks,

Steve