[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Adding client library related tests to tempest

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Oct 21 12:14:03 UTC 2013

On 10/21/2013 05:19 AM, Steven Hardy wrote:
<snip>

>> Definitely agree we should have plenty of end-to-end tests in the
>> gate, it's the reason we've got the scenario tests, to do exactly
>> this kind of through testing.
>
> Ok, it seems like a potential solution which may keep all involved happy
> would be:
> - Add new API tests which provide full coverage of the documented
>    interfaces to trusts
> - Add a few scenario tests which provide end-to-end testing of the most
>    important interfaces (these will use the client API)
>
> The scenario tests could just be those in my patches, moved from client_lib
> to scenario/identity?

If there is a rush on a short term landing of code, making it a scenario
test is a fine approach. And API tests for trust would be *highly*
appreciated.

I still think the conversation about what's needed for Keystone in
Icehouse is worth the summit conversation. I think I'd rather back it up
from just the client_lib conversation, and actually talk about Keystone
special needs out of the gate pipeline, and what kind of split of
functionality on the tempest/devstack side vs. the unit test side makes
sense.

So if there isn't a rush, I'd take it to summit, and lets come up with a
more holistic plan there.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague