[openstack-dev] Announce of Rally - benchmarking system for OpenStack

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sun Oct 20 19:18:33 UTC 2013

Is it easy ? No... it is hard, whether in an integrated test suite or on its own
Can it be solved ?  Yes, we have done incredible things with the current QA infrastructure
Should it be split off from other testing ? No, I want EVERY commit to have this check. Performance through benchmarking at scale is fundamental.

Integration with the current process mean all code has to pass the bar... a new project makes it optional and therefore makes the users do the debugging... just the kind of thing that drives those users away...

Tim