[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Notifications from non-local exchanges

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Oct 16 08:47:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15 2013, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> Hmm, I think I see your point. All the rabbit endpoints are determined
> by these switches:
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/etc/nova/nova.conf.sample#L1532-L1592
>
> We will need a way in CM to pull from multiple rabbits.

This is a know limitation of the current oslo RPC implementation. I've
already raised it a while back when oslo messaging was discussed. I
didn't check if that was solved in the Oslo messaging unfortunately, but
I hope it'll be something doable.

>>  I took another look at the Ceilometer config options..."rabbit_hosts"
>> takes multiple hosts (i.e. rabbit.glance.hpcloud.net:0000, rabbit.ceil.hpcloud.net:0000)
>> but it's not clear whether that's for publishing, collection, or both?  The impl_kombu
>> module does cycle through that list to create the connection pool, but it's not
>> clear to me how it all comes together in the plugin instantiation...

That's for fail-over etc. This is the same thing as every OpenStack
project, as it comes from Oslo.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker - independent consultant