[openstack-dev] [cinder] dd performance for wipe in cinder

Matt Riedemann mriedem at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 11 14:41:39 UTC 2013

Have you looked at the volume_clear and volume_clear_size options in
cinder.conf?

https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/2013.2.rc1/etc/cinder/cinder.conf.sample#L1073

The default is to zero out the volume.  You could try 'none' to see if
that helps with performance.

Thanks,

MATT RIEDEMANN
Advisory Software Engineer
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development

Phone: 1-507-253-7622 | Mobile: 1-507-990-1889
E-mail: mriedem at us.ibm.com

3605 Hwy 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901-1407
United States