[openstack-dev] dd performance for wipe in cinder

cosmos cosmos cosmos0703 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:20:43 UTC 2013

Hello.
My name is Rucia for Samsung SDS.

Now I am in trouble in cinder volume deleting.
I am developing for supporting big data storage in lvm

But it takes too much time for deleting of cinder lvm volume because of dd.
Cinder volume is 200GB for supporting hadoop master data.
When i delete cinder volume in using 'dd if=/dev/zero of $cinder-volume
count=1000000 bs=1M' it takes about 30 minutes.

Is there the better and quickly way for deleting?

Cheers.
Rucia.