[openstack-dev] [nova] why are we backporting low priority v3 api fixes to v2?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Nov 30 21:32:49 UTC 2013

I've seen a few bugs/reviews like this [1] lately which are essentially
backporting fixes from the nova openstack v3 API to the v2 API. While
this is goodness for the v2 API, I'm not sure why we're spending time on
low priority bug fixes like this for the v2 API when v3 is the future.
Shouldn't only high impact / high probability fixes get backported to
the nova v2 API now?  I think most people are still using v2 so they are
probably happy to get the fixes, but it kind of seems to prolong the
inevitable.

Am I missing something?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58665/

Matt Riedemann