[openstack-dev] ml2 and vxlan configurations, neutron-server fails to start

Gopi Krishna B gopi97468 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:48:14 UTC 2013

Hi
Thankyou for the info, I downgraded sqlalchemy accordingly, but there
were lot of other dependencies I had to take care (as below). The
error which still continues to persist in my environment is :
RuntimeError: Unable to load quantum from configuration file
/etc/neutron/api-paste.ini.

are there any other dependencies to be taken care to resolve this error?

pip uninstall sqlalchemy (uninstalled -0.8.3)
pip install sqlalchemy==0.7.9

pip install jsonrpclib

pip uninstall eventlet  (uninstalled -0.12.0)
pip install eventlet   (installed -0.14.0)

pip install pyudev

for the error Requirement.parse('amqp>=1.0.10,<1.1.0'))
pip uninstall amqp
pip install amqp  -- but its installing 1.3.3
so, download the source code of 1.0.10
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/amqp/1.0.10)
python setup.py build
python setup.py install

Regards
Gopi Krishna

Yongsheng Gong gongysh at unitedstack.com

VersionConflict: (SQLAlchemy 0.8.3
(/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages),
Requirement.parse('SQLAlchemy>=0.7.8,<=0.7.99'))

it seems your SQLAlchemy is newer than required. so

pip uninstall sqlalchemy
and then install older one:
sudo pip install sqlalchemy==0.7.9