[openstack-dev] request-id in API response

Akihiro Motoki motoki at da.jp.nec.com
Thu Nov 28 12:45:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am working on adding request-id to API response in Neutron.
After I checked what header is used in other projects
header name varies project by project.
It seems there is no consensus what header is recommended
and it is better to have some consensus.

  nova:     x-compute-request-id
  cinder:   x-compute-request-id
  glance:   x-openstack-request-id
  neutron:  x-network-request-id  (under review)

request-id is assigned and used inside of each project now,
so x-<service>-request-id looks good. On the other hand,
if we have a plan to enhance request-id across projects,
x-openstack-request-id looks better.

Thought?

Thanks,
Akihiro