[openstack-dev] Working with Vagrant and packstack

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Fri Nov 29 08:16:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up an openstack environment using vagrant and packstack. I provisioned a Fedora-19 VM  through vagrant and used a shell script to take care of installation and other things. The first thing that shell script does is "yum install -y openstack-packstack" and then "packstack --allinone". Now, the issue is that the second command requires me to enter the root's password explicitly. I mean it doesn't matter if I am running this as root or using sudo, I have to enter the password explicitly everytime. I tried to pass the password to the VM through pipes and other methods, but nothing works.

Did anyone face the same problem? Is there any way around this? Or does it mean that I can't use puppet/packstack with vagrant?

Thanks,

~Peeyush Gupta