[openstack-dev] [eventlet] should we use spawn instead of spawn_n?

Jian Wen jian.wen at canonical.com
Fri Nov 29 06:01:05 UTC 2013

eventlet.spawn_n is the same as eventlet.spawn, but it’s not possible
to know how the function terminated (i.e. no return value or exceptions)[1].
If an exception is raised in the function, spawn_n prints a stack trace.
The stack trace will not be written to the log file. It will be lost if we
restart the daemon.

Maybe we need to replace spawn_n with spawn. If an exception is raised in
the
function, we can log it if needed. Any thoughts?

related bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1254984

[1] http://eventlet.net/doc/basic_usage.html

--
Cheers,