[openstack-dev] [heat][horizon]Heat UI related requirements & roadmap

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 16:39:10 UTC 2013

On 26/11/13 23:44, Tim Schnell wrote:
>> A template-validate call would need to return all the group and ordering
>> >information, but otherwise heat can ignore this extra data.
> I agree with all of your modifications, although bringing up the
> template-validate call reminded me that the implementation of this use
> case should also imply a new REST endpoint specifically for returning
> parameters. It seems like the current implementation in Horizon is a bit
> hack-y by calling template-validate instead of something like
> "get-parameters".

That's inherited from how the cfn-compatible API does it, but it doesn't
seem hacky to me. And it matches exactly how the UI works - you upload a
template, it validates it and gets back the list of parameters.

This raises a good point though - it ought to be Heat that determines
the order of the parameters and returns them in a list (like heat-cfn
does - though the list is currently randomly ordered). Clients need to
treat the template as a black box, since the format changes over time.

cheers,
Zane.