[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Infra] Support for PCI Passthrough

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Nov 24 18:13:10 UTC 2013

On 23 November 2013 08:43, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2013-11-22 08:59:16 +0000 (+0000), Tan, Lin wrote:
> [...]

> In the near term, your best bet is to run your own test
> infrastructure supporting the hardware features you require and
> report advisory results back on proposed changes:
>
>     http://ci.openstack.org/third_party.html
>
> For a longer term solution, you may want to consult with the TripleO
> project with regards to their bare-metal test plan:
>
>     https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/TripleOCloud

I think using the donated resources to perform this sort of testing is
an ideal example of the value the TripleO cloud can bring to OpenStack
as a whole.

I don't know if we have the necessary hardware (I'm fairly sure we
have VT-d, but I'm not 100% sure we have anything setup for SR-IOV. If
we do, then cool - please come and work with us to get that testing
what you need.

A key consideration will be whether you want checking or gating. For
gating or infra run checking there need to be two regions (which the
TripleO cloud is aiming at) and infra running the tests; for checking
without infra running it the third-party system is a good mechanism
(and that can be run from a single TripleO region too, in principle.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist